Develop Essential Math Skills! Master Math Facts!
Math Skill Builder is an elementary math program created to boost children’s mental arithmetic and numeracy skills. The calculation practice work and 10 special lessons on using numbers will develop confidence and interest in math.
Students practice performing math exercises and drills to master their math facts - recognition and recall of answers to simple math calculations. Choose graduated levels of difficulty for the four arithmetic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. A fifth module challenges students to calculate money change – an important life skill!
For ages 6 and up.
Windows 7, Vista and XP | Mac OS X
128 MB RAM; 160 MB Hard Disk Space
- Builds essential math skills with timed drills
- Boost arithmetic and numeracy skills
- Develops recognition and recall abilities
- Increase confidence with numbers
- Learn key number concepts
- Windows and Macintosh compatibility
- Five Calculation Modules:
- Making Change
- Each Calculation Module Provides:
- Audio-Supported Calculation Instruction
- Arithmetic Tables for easy reference
- 39 graduated number exercises & calculation drills
- Select Novice or Intermediate Levels
- Unrecorded Practice Sessions
- Exercises and Drills are timed and scored
- Print Test Reports or Look-up Saved Results for up to 5 students
- 10 lesson math mini-course with:
|Unit 1 - Factors and Multiples
Lesson 1: Factors, Prime & Composite Numbers
Lesson 5: Least Common Multiple- Word Problems
Lesson 2: Factors - Word Problems
Lesson 3: Greatest Common Factor
Lesson 4: Multiples & Least Common Multiple
|Unit 2 - Length Measurement - Customary System
Lesson 1: Length
Lesson 5: Changing Measurement Units
Lesson 2: Perimeter
Lesson 3: Length Estimation
Lesson 4: Selection of Units
||Grades 5 and Up
Learn Arithmetic Skills with Math Skill Builder!
For advanced calculation practice to further develop mental arithmetic skills, try the Calculation Skills Education Collection. With Advanced as well as Novice and Intermediate levels, this product has over 100 graduated calculation exercises and drills for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and making money change.
For math help software that ensures real learning, try one of our full Math Courses from the Math Course Series:
- Math Course 1, Fractions: Step by Step
- Math Course 2, Decimals & Percents: Step by Step
- Math Course 3, Geometric Shapes: Step by Step
- Math Course 4, Basic Measurement: Step by Step
Get the elementary math instruction you need from the Math Course Series either by buying the software or subscribing to our Math Courses Online at www.corelearningonline.com.
Or try your arithmetic skills with our original Calculation Skills Series, in English, Spanish or French (for Windows 98, 2000 and XP; not recommended for Windows Vista)
- Vol.1 - Addition & Subtraction Basic Level
- Vol.2 - Multiplication & Division, Basic Level
- Vol.3 - Addition & Subtraction, Advanced Level
- Vol.4 - Multiplication & Division, Advanced Level
- Vol.1 - Suma y Resta Basico
- Vol.2 - Multiplicacion y Division Basico
- Vol.3 - Suma y Resta Avanzado
- Vol.4 - Multiplicacion y Division Avanzado
- Vol.1 - Addition et Soustraction de Base
- Vol.2 - Multiplication et Division de Base
- Vol.3 - Addition et Soustraction Avance
- Vol.4 - Multiplication et Division Avance
The original Calculation Skills Series is organized by skill level with 2 or 3 calculation drills per title. The software is PC Windows only. Math Skill Builder is Win/Mac compatible and offers more choice of number ranges for calculation practice.